Monday, August 23, 2010

Liver Fat Reduction Regime

This pre op diet has to be the worst part of the whole experience. I cannot believe that the operation is worse than this.

No offense to "Optifast" - the chicken soup is passable, the chocolate bars just edible - with good coffee ( and a lot of it) - but the rest? I made up the chocolate milkshake. Yeugh. Perhaps it is because I don't drink milk normally, but there was a strong porrigey thing going on.

I persevere. Chocolate bar for breakfast. I get my fluids by drinking a pot of politically correct, organic, picked by virgin princesses of the Borneo jungle arabica coffee. I snaffle 500mls of veggie soup at 10.30am. 1pm - I am swirling Optifast soup in in big red soup mug with renewed admiration for astronauts and their ability to eat reconstituted dried space food rations.

Eat 6 Eclipse sugar free mints cleaning out the spare room. I now have a nice little office space in the corner.

4pm Offspring home. Another 500mls of veggie soup as they have cheese & crackers, fruit ( crunchy Rose apples, bananas, packham pears......).

Empty dishwashers, avoid kitchen.

5pm Husband home - makes dinner from ingredients laid out - I have ANOTHER chicken soup whilst he cooks and go into other living room whilst everyone sits down to eat.

Stomach growls, howls, sobs, whines....

8.30pm Have 99% fat free 4.2g yoghurt.

My bloody liver better look like a ten year old vegetarians.

No comments:

Post a Comment