Dear Optifast,
Made up one of your "delicious meal replacements" this evening. Your " Chocolate Dessert".
I made it up according to instructions, in a Tupperware shaker. I poured it into a lovely china bowl, as aesthetics do matter - especially when on a strict regime.
I covered it in clingfilm and popped it in the fridge for 10 mins. This was as long as I could wait as I was starving hungry.
I have been living on your Chicken Soups ( fairly okay for a dried product - nutritionally sound more importantly says my nutritionist) and the chocolate brownieish bars ( okay with coffee and long as you nibble slowly).
I have tried other products - and even hungry I could not eat some of them - some of your competitors' bars are quite inedible. My nutritionist says she eats them happily all the time and I am just fussy. I politely disagree.
At last, after 10 mins, I took the bowl from the fridge, removed the film, sat down and dipped my spoon. The first mouthful was....slimy, salty and vaguely cardboardy. Is there really chocolate in there? Egg white? It was awful. Inedible.
I offered it to my husband - not a great waster of food. One spoonful. Nop. He would not - could not eat it. Slimy and sticky and not nice - floury.
Our children tried it - yeugh & stink
The dogs came next - we have three. This was before their dinner. Not one would eat it - two sniffed and backed away, one licked and walked away and this was the dog who ate a four day dead goldfish that had been floating in the pond.
Why is it so bad? The milkshake is okay, the bars are okay - but the dessert? More bitter choc flavour & lighter texture perhaps?
Me? I am happy to be a good cook, and a fussy eater with the same instincts as a rottengoldfish eating toy poodle.
I had Optifast Chicken Soup. After all, the dog eats the bit I leave "for the angels"....
No comments:
Post a Comment