Hospital
I even had to get blood test BEFORE I got here. Fortunately I was allowed to eat before 6am so I ate my last (ha!) Optifast chocolate bar & a big coffee at 5.45am. At 7.45am I was having blood tests. At 9.30am I was in hospital. At 10am we were in a bookshop as I had forgotten all reading material. 10.30am back in hospital having a shower with their lovely sponge full of disinfectant. By the way don't use this to clean the more "sensitive" areas of your body. Stings like nettles & needs lots of rinsing.
Gown VOLUMINOUS. Must have been expecting sumo wrestler. Maybe I sound larger on the phone. I know I am fat - but I am 93kg not 193kg. Put on my own pale pink cotton knickers. I am NOT wearing paper tie-ons - not again.
Get weighed = have lost 4.5kg on diet. Nearly fall off scales. Make poor nurse double check. Must have been all that peeing. Did I mention the peeing? The last two weeks I peed and peed and peed. and it smelt a little odd. Not nasty or asparagus bad - but a bit feraly musty. Normal apparently. Go figure.
Did a wee victory dance. So now I am 88.5kg. Still 155cm tall thankyou - would have been a bugger if I had shrunk! Could do with a coffee and something to eat...
See anaethetist. Funny chap. Gives me sedative. Fantastic stuff. I blab away like a fool all the way into theatre. Get the giggles getting onto table. Tell everyone how lovely they are and tankyou tankyou....out.
Wake up. Elephant has stomped on stomach. Where elephant is kept on premises I have no idea but this problem keeps my mind occupied and related thoughts of "Ice Age 3" until I realise where I am. Right shoulder is a bit sore - as they warned - but not painful. Thirsty - but not nauseous. Got to love GAs.
Rest of day asleep. BP checks, painkillers - just paracetemol - there was just discomfort not real pain - just surgical twinges. Mostly slept. suspect I snored a bit......
Wake up next morning to a cup of tea and the papers and a lovely fa'a'fine nurse AND NO HUNGER.
No comments:
Post a Comment