I am not going to bore everyone with the details of my descent into madness and the hell of the final two weeks.... I will just give you the highlights where I went from quite nice mum and wife to complete bitch through lack of food........
Feeding Small Dogs:
Never been a problem before. Dog food now becomes more meaty and casseroley. I feed ours a mixture of Beneful & Pouched. Beneful Healthy life comes in little popcorn sized pieces. Meat colour. Veggie Colour. Corn Colour. The dogs have them as treaties. God help me, one ended up in my mouth. I crunched. I tasted. I swallowed. I had some water. It wasn't that bad. Shame stopped me from eating more - I also looked on the bag for a kilojoule count. Seems dogs don't count kilojoules. I confessed this minor "cheat" to the nutritionist. There was silence at the other end of the phone.
"You still there?"
"A dog biscuit?"
" Just one, very little one..."
A loooong silence
"Let's move on shall we? How has the rest of the week been?"
Cravings:
After the first week the hunger does abate a bit - just a little bit. I discovered a craving for apples. And bacon sandwiches. My husband was hoping it would be sex. How or why would he think that? Why would anyone hungry instrantly think " oh, I am sooo hungry, but I cannot eat. I know, I will have sex and root like a rattlesnake instead."
Where was I? Oh yes, Bacon sandwiches.
2 slices Vogels spelt & rye toast, one lightly buttered, the other smeared with Colmans English mustard.
4 slices of eye shoulder bacon ( Freedom Farms) slightly overdone & crispy
I pot of assam tea, no milk, no sugar. There you go - The Perfect Sunday Breakfast.
Unfortunately, little babies begin to look edible too, and I can see things now from the vampires point of view. Zombies are terribly misunderstood - brains would be delicious....
Temper:
Short.
"Do as you are told."
" No discussion!"
"Nice Mummy is on holiday!"
"Don't FUSS with ME sweetie!"
"I am not in the mood."
" Don't even THINK of eating my soup"
" It would be cruel to make me make your dinner"
"Bugger off/ sod off /go away/ don't/ leave me alone/ aaaargh/ I'm hungry"
Headaches:
Lots of headaches. But this is normal- I asked. I have had no dizziness, or lightheadedness. I just drink a small glass of water every hour or so and take paracetemol. Still want chocolate - so still normal there.
Type 2 Diabetes:
By the 2nd week my Metformin is down to one x 500mg at night - from 3 x 500mg per day. Not bad.
Other Health Benefits:
I have to admit that not eating bread and carbohydrates ( I cannot call them "carbs" I am not a bodybuilder) - potatoes, rice and pasta, I do feel better. God, that hurts to say. My sinuses have all cleared and my IBS has vanished. Bugger. I am pleased and appalled all at the same time. It means NO naughty little bits of ice cream EVER. NO cream EVER. NO cheese ( and I only ate feta). It means NO bread, no rice, no pasta .....but no sinus pain and no revolting stomach pains. Ah well.
Onwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment