Tuesday, July 27, 2010

First Weeks Pre Operation

Welcome to my little blog.

More of a Bl'.



For over a year I have have been looking for a solution to my Type II Diabetes. The little monster I discovered is called TIID in some Journals. I hate it. It crept up on me. Then when I took the final test - I hit the jackpot.

Actually, I have a teeny weeny gripe here, and since this is my Blog I will gripe it. What is it with the vile drink they give you? It is Violent Lime Green - a colour NEVER found in nature. It has colours, preservatives, additives, E numbers galore - and you are supposed to drink it! I would never, ever drink anything like that in real life.

It was hard not to vomit before, during and after drinking it.
I was sick the entire day.
I got the sweats & shakes 5 hrs later - when you are not at the clinic. Yeugh.
No wonder they got a positive reading - I was probably glowing in the dark for 3 days and so were my poos.




There are various solutions to diabetes.



I have tried the weight loss one - lost 10kg in a year of deprivation ( not counting lack of chocolate which had to go straight away) - exercise, plu smedication ( Metformin x 3 @500mg per day).
All depressingly futile and sort of self defeating as if my body fought me the whole way.



My blood results were good - I have no damage to my eyes or peripherals ( feet or hands ) - but for how long?



Then I read about Gastric Bypass surgery. Brilliant - but way too permanent. Fixes your weight and for some reason that is not fully understood - stops the Diabetes in it's path. A cure if you like. Don't like the sound of "permanent". Don't like the sound of cutting away stomach, the words "bypass" or "stapelling". Seems like a wonder solution to some I have read about - all that loose skin is a bit of a worry....... abig skinsuit.



Call me a pussycat, but I am sure that in 20yrs we will have a much better understanding of Diabetes. Why should I have a permanent procedure for something when a better solution may come along in 10 years?



Then I read about Gastric Banding.
Seems like the solution for me.

Lots of research later - make an appointment with a specialist.

No comments:

Post a Comment